We have split the techniques into many groups to make it simpler:
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Search by keywords
- Social networks
As long as you create quality and relevant content on your site, you will have a steady stream of visitors (hopefully) coming to your site from Google.
Inspired now? Here are some tips for getting traffic to your website with content:
Write useful content
It sounds obvious, but most SEO focused content boils down to this:
Answer a question that a lot of people ask online that is not well answered.
If you have a question, what’s the first thing you’re likely to do? You search on Google.
It can be literally anything. From what a meme is, to where it’s good to live, to why cornflakes were invented:
The point is: Google and the alternative search engines exist to primarily answer people’s questions. If you can answer the questions with content on your website, Google will send traffic to your site.
How to find these questions?
Well, this is the hardest part. Understanding your audience helps. The same goes for using keyword research tools .
But one of the easiest ways to find the questions to answer is to Google it.
Enter a question your audience might ask you and go from there. I guarantee you will end up in a hole of potential questions to answer.
Once you have a few questions, use this simple framework to approach writing useful content:
- Do a keyword search to find a popular question.
- Write an article that answers this question.
- Follow the art SEO best practices for your article.
- Make sure the number of words is sufficient to answer the question
- Edit your article ( we all make mistakes ).
- Tap publish, rinse and repeat.
Make sure you pick a content topic that won’t be dead in a few months …
Write up-to-date content
“Evergreen” content is content that will continue to be relevant after publication.
He can understand things like:
Up-to-date content types
Some content quickly becomes obsolete, while up-to-date content is not dated like newspaper articles. In fact, they can bring a steady stream of search traffic, leads, and social shares over time.
It could also:
- Provide lasting (and compound) value.
- Help educate new clients / readers.
- Help build your authority.
- Help attract links.
Publish long form content
There is no correct or incorrect material length. The ideal word count is the one which best covers the subject.
That being said, we’ve found that longer content works better:
Number of words compared to the position in the ranking of Google
So why write long content ?
There are four main reasons for doing this:
- The content is normally longer than the content that is shorter.
- The more content there would be the more social shares.
- Content is more important (a rating factor of Google)
- Turn readers to consumers (e.g. content improvement)
Write catchy headlines (using headline analyzers)
Headlines are one of the most important parts of your content.
They are probably one of the first things people see in Google search results. Without a compelling title, even the most comprehensive blog post may go unread.
To help you create eye-catching headlines, you can use a headline analyzer like Sumo’s Headline Generator :
Good headlines are a form of art. But don’t worry, with practise it can be learned and developed. Follow these tips if you need to start from scratch:
- Research your customers.
- Take a look at your competition’s headlines.
- Use words your audience can use (+ avoid jargon).
- Use numbers at the start if you can.
- Use powerful words like “secret”, “unspeakable”, “hidden”.
- A / B test your titles if you can.
- Measure your CTR (click-through rate) and adjust accordingly.
Improve old blog posts
The answer to boost your website traffic is probably something you already have: old blog posts.
If you’ve blogged for a while, you probably have tons of posts in your archive that need a little love to bring them back to life and get them driving search traffic.
Look for pages that are at the bottom of the first or top of the second page of Google search results. These pages are perfect examples to improve.
But how to improve them?
- Update any outdated information.
- Add more images, screenshots, videos, etc.
- Improve your introduction (to make you want to keep reading).
- Increase your word count (if that makes sense).
- Add links to and from similar articles.
- Improve readability through paragraphs and bulleted lists.
- Repost them and present them again as new.
- But sometimes, instead of updating old articles, it is better to merge them …
Use the skyscraper technique
The Skyscraper Technique or Skyscraper is a marketing term.
It is basically a system for turning content into high quality backlinks.
Here is how it works:
Step 1 – Scan for existing content with several backlinks.
For URLs of a lot of social shares and links, use tools like Ahrefs Content Explorer or BuzzSumo.
Find good content with Ahrefs Content Explorer (to replicate)
Find successful content (to replicate) with Ahrefs Content Explorer
Step 2 – Now go create something much better.
Now you need to figure out how to improve it. Can you add more recent information? You might be able to improve the visuals or expand them to include more points.
Step 3 – Promote Your Skyscraper Content
Go to sites that link to original content and ask for links to your top content.
- Create an expert review article
Expert review articles are blog posts that collect quotes from experts and then use them in the article.
Here is an example from Databox on the best free SEO tools according to the experts:
This type of content generates traffic because:
- It features subject matter experts, who will likely share your content with their audience.
- It follows the structure of list items, which we know to perform well.
- It attracts many visitors and first-timers because they collect quotes and advice from well-known professionals.
If you’re doing anything online, you need an email. Regardless of the size of your business or website, being able to send emails to your audience is essential.
Seriously, half of the world’s population uses email :
- E-mail is one of the best ways to pass traffic to a website where so many people can be reached from their boxes.
- Your email list on your website is already involved.
- Traffic is almost assured when you explicitly answer your list.
- Emails to the pages you want push unique traffic.
Increase website traffic through email marketing
Email marketing is a fairly inexpensive yet effective way to reach your audience.
In addition to following the best practices in email marketing , here are some essential steps you can take to increase traffic with email marketing:
- Create a list of subscribers as soon as possible.
- Choose the right email marketing software .
- Keep your emails in mind.
- Write eye-catching topics.
- Connect to your emails media networking keys.
- Call to Action introduces a CTA.
- Don’t email too many.
- Make sure your cell phone e-mail template works and is not marked as spam.
Create a series of welcome emails
A welcome email series is a succession of emails sent automatically to your subscribers before they subscribe to your list.
Remember: this is your opportunity to make an impact first. This helps increase the traffic on your site and the number of your subscribers.
Drift is doing a good job with this email that guides new subscribers to famous content:
Add a way to capture emails on your site
To start harnessing the power of email for traffic, you need a way to collect email addresses through your website.
The bottom line is to give people a compelling reason to sign up.
So you’ve written great content, what now?
It’s time to facilitate it.
Here are several strategies to support content:
Submit your content to site aggregators
A website that does not produce its own content is a content aggregator. Rather it gathers and bundles material from other sites in one location.
People generally like aggregators because they allow them to find a variety of content in one place. On the other side, publishers present their content to people who want to see it.
Here are some ideas for content aggregators to submit to:
- Web designer News
- Designer News
- org (formerly Inbound)
- Hacker News
- Mix (formerly StumbleUpon)
- Facebook groups
- LinkedIn groups
Blogger outreach involves finding relevant blogs and sending them a personalized email highlighting your website, service, product, etc.
You can contact bloggers:
- That you have already featured on your site.
- Which have content on the same subject.
- Who have already been linked to similar topics.
- Who tweeted similar articles.
Write your awareness email
You must now write the email you would send.
If your presentation needs support, search the HubSpot e-mail templates.
All you have to do is click on “Send”.
Don’t think that you can only write content for other sites. Call others to post on your blog as well. Provided they write a quality and original article that is interesting for your audience of course.
Not only are you getting new content on your site, but the guest blogger is likely to promote the article, which increases traffic to your site.
While we’re on the subject of promotion, sharing content in online communities can be a great way to drive traffic back to your site, although it gets harder and harder as more and more people do it. is not scalable. But it’s still worth testing.
Promote content in relevant online communities
Online communities are places where your audience is on the web and can include Facebook groups, Reddit channels, Slack, and forums.
It’s easy to find relevant online communities if you’re already in the niche.
If you don’t, here are some helpful resources:
- Slack communities directory
- 400 Slack communities
- Over 500 Facebook groups (via Dropbox)
- 5,000 Reddit Tops
Posting useful content on Reddit
Push traffic from forums to your website
There have been forums since the very early days of the internet. At that time people have used it to return traffic to their websites..
Here are some tips for promoting your site on forums:
- Choose the right forum for your niche.
- Choose your username carefully.
- Put a link in your signature.
- Create your profile carefully.
- Don’t be a spammer.
- Provide quality content.
- Start new discussion threads.
- Post often.
Create your own forum
You might consider starting your own if you cannot find a successful platform for your industry. In fact, you can set it up very quickly with WordPress plugins.
If you go this route, you need to make sure that your users are producing quality content, that you have moderators, and that your forum has good UX.
If you do it right, your site could be visited regularly.
All of the keyword research (we’ll get to that later) and content in the world won’t save your site if you’ve skipped SEO .
SEO services in Lahore is one of the best source to get regular traffic to your site. As long as you rank well on Google, you will be able to drive organic traffic to your site.
It sounds good, but nothing in life comes for free or without work.
To take advantage of SEO, you must write about the topics that people in Google search for in the previous section). But you still have to ensure that your site is designed for search engines to take full advantage of it.
Pay attention to the SEO health of your website
SEO is pretty straightforward. Most of the benefits come from following best practices to make sure your website is healthy and has everything Google expects.
Putting these things in place can make a big difference to your site’s traffic volume.
Here are the SEO basics you need:
- A SEO friendly CMS like WordPress .
- An adapted design and good mobile ergonomics .
- An SSL certificate .
- A fast and reliable web host .
- Links from relevant sites.
- Content that people really want to read.
SEO can obviously have other elements, including the technical health of websites (we’ll talk about that later), but that should allow you to prepare the ground.
Create backlinks to your website
Links from authorities and relevant sites are like votes of confidence for your site.
Search by keywords
Keyword analysis is the method of finding the appropriate phrases you want (keywords).
When you have a list of keywords, you want to use them on pages that appear in search engines.
There are many ways to generate keywords, using free or paid tools.
Target subjects with potential for trafficking
SEO is one of the finest way to send steady traffic to your blog (more about this later).
But to send Google guests, the keywords must be right. In other words, you must target keywords with potential traffic.
Many free and paid keyword research tools are available. Some of the best are here:
- Ahrefs Keyword Explorer (PAID)
- SEMrush (PAID)
- KWFinder (PAID)
- UberSuggest (FREE)
- Google Keyword Planner (FREE)
- Keyword Sheeter (FREE)
And don’t forget to:
Targeting the long tail of keywords
Long tail keywords are phrases longer than 3 words that are very specific to what you are selling or the information you provide on your blog.
How to find long tail keywords?
Here are 2 quick ways to find long tail keywords:
Method # 1 – Autocompletion
The first step is autocompletion . Just start typing your main keyword or topic and let Google generate suggestions based on what other people have searched for:
Method # 2 – People also ask
If you scroll a bit down on the results page, you’ll see the next search method Keyword Long Tail: the box ” Other Questions Asked”
If you want traffic, go to places online where your target audience hang out and share content. Social media marketing agency can also help you build brand recognition and build community.
And it’s not just about sharing memes and chat videos: 43% of adults in the US get their news from Facebook :
Here are some forms of pushing social media traffic to your website:
Be active on social networks
It seems like an obvious step, but you actually need to set up your social accounts if you want them to generate traffic.
Here are the essential elements to complete on the platform of your choice:
Complete your profile completely (don’t forget to link to your site) and your professional pages ( Facebook and LinkedIn ).
Promote your blog content.
Make sure to share interesting content (follow the rule of thirds ).
- Post when your audience is online.
- Speak with your audience.
- Depending on the audience, which channel you should be on.
- The audience ends up with the best social media site.